Il tuo browser non supporta JavaScript!

Il contesto storico di Riozzo e l’oratorio di San Rocco tra Quattro e Settecento

digital Il contesto storico di Riozzo e l’oratorio di San Rocco tra Quattro e Settecento
Articolo
rivista ARTE LOMBARDA
fascicolo ARTE LOMBARDA - 2014 - 3
titolo Il contesto storico di Riozzo e l’oratorio di San Rocco tra Quattro e Settecento
autore
editore Vita e Pensiero
formato Articolo | Pdf
online da 05-2015
issn 0004-3443 (stampa)
€ 6,00

Ebook in formato Pdf leggibile su questi device:

After an introduction to the tipically country character of Riozzo, and to his belonging, from the beginning, to the Visconti’s Milanese family, previously Aicardi (one branch of those was successfully named “Visconti of Riozzo”), we describe the history of the village, especially in relation to its lords: his purchase, with attached rights (1419), the construction of his church (1469), his promotion to feud (1616) and to marquisate (1657). Concerning the St. Roque church, in need of restoration work already in 1597, it begins to be rebuilt, after a controversial period, only after 1651 in order to end before 1673, still without becaming, in the same time, an autonomous church, but remaining formally dependent from Melegnano’s parish. With reference to the historical documents concerning the altar, their systematic collection and critical attribution showed, firstly, a long traditional phase, starting from the establishment (or a little later), with the Virgin Mary’s icon in terra-cotta, connected to the similar figures of saints Lucy and Roque (perhaps, after the reconstruction of the church, rebuilt as an unconnected statue, with the two saints only as pictures). The current Madonna di Riozzo appears to be later, seeing that can be testified only starting to the pastoral visit of 1749, without the possibility to come back before 1711; within this period, his appearance may preferably refer (but only through surmises) to the years between 1725 and 1728.

Consulta l'archivio