Il tuo browser non supporta JavaScript!

Novità documentarie sull’attività di Filippo de Grassi «picapreda»

digital Novità documentarie sull’attività di Filippo de Grassi «picapreda»
Articolo
rivista ARTE LOMBARDA
fascicolo ARTE LOMBARDA - 2016 - 3
titolo Novità documentarie sull’attività di Filippo de Grassi «picapreda»
autore
editore Vita e Pensiero
formato Articolo | Pdf
online da 05-2017
issn 0004-3443 (stampa)
€ 6,00

Ebook in formato Pdf leggibile su questi device:

A payment of 1496 found among the inheritance documents of the Caprioli family, that are preserved in archive of Pio Luogo delle Orfane, allowed to attribute to Filippo de Grassi, architect-sculptor originally from Milan, but for a long time operating in Brescia, the decoration of Caprioli’s chapel in the church of San Giorgio in Brescia. The chapel decoration was commissioned by Agostino Caprioli in memory of his father Luigi who here had its superb burial. The massive despoliation of the early nineteenth century have profoundly altered the appearance of the chapel so nowadays, only a little part of the fifteenth-century decoration is kept in place, such as the decoration of pilasters of the arch of access; also an important part of the tomb of Luigi is preserved: the front where the Adoration of the Shepherds is represented. Converged on the antiques market, in the early nineteenth century, it is currently the front of the main altar of the church of San Francesco and, before the payment has been found, it was attributed to Gasparo Cairano.

Consulta l'archivio